ASG is an asbestos surveying company which also provides air quality testing, clearance inspections equipment servicing and more. We specialise in many aspects of asbestos management, including Asbestos Management Plans and Asbestos Surveys, sampling and training courses available.
ASG operates throughout New Zealand, and has a presence in Christchurch, Wellington, Dunedin, and Auckland as well as the Timaru and Nelson / Marlborough regions.
We are able to provide the following services nationwide:
- Asbestos surveys. Identification of asbestos products within a premises, produces: survey report, asbestos register (asbestos record) and asbestos identification site plans.
- Developing asbestos management plans.
- Asbestos and other hazardous material sampling through IANZ accredited laboratories.
- Asbestos awareness courses. Asbestos training specifically tailored to suit your needs.
- Clearance inspections and air monitoring associated with asbestos removal.
- Air quality testing and airborne asbestos exposure monitoring.
- Site Audits and Risk Assessment.
- Planning and management of asbestos removal projects.
Equipment testing/servicing including:
- DOP HEPA filter testing.
- Servicing and maintenance on negative pressure units (NPU) and H-class vacuums.
- Cleaning and maintenance on all other asbestos equipment.
We can also assist with recommendations and help with advice regarding removal work.
ASG staff are fully trained and certified to undertake asbestos related work. We hold:
- NZ Asbestos assessor licences
- IP404 in air monitoring and clearance inspections and reoccupation certification
- Certificate of competency in asbestos removal
- Site safe construction passport
- IP402 qualification in surveying and sampling strategies
- Health and safety training certificate
- First Aid Certificates
- Grant Olds – Manager, Surveyor and Assessor
Grant has had many years experience in team management, and prior to moving to ASG Grant specialized in telecommunications and contact centers. Grant holds both the BOHS IP404 & IP402, as well as being a licensed NZ Asbestos Assessor.
- Nick Brewer – Surveyor + Sampling Technician and Health & Safety Rep.
Nick has a comprehensive history in asbestos removal where he worked for several years as a CoC supervisor before moving to ASG. He has brought a wealth of knowledge and experience with him, and his practical work is second to none. He is currently the health and safety representative for ASG. Nick has his BOHS IP402 qualification for asbestos surveying.
- Mike Witteman - Surveyor, Assessor + Marketing
Mike has had many years experience in sales and marketing for the construction industry, and has a graduating certificate in small business management. Mike also holds a BOHS IP402 qualification for asbestos surveying as well as a IP404 plus a NZ Asbestos Assessors licence.